Protect Yourself from the Cost of an HMRC Investigation
At SAS Accounting Services we can provide you with a Fee Protection Service to protect you from the costs that may arise as a result of a Tax or VAT Enquiry from HMRC.
An investigation could cost you money even if you’ve done nothing wrong and anyone can be selected:a business, a director or an individual tax payer.
The Fee Protection we can provide is an all-embracing Policy that provides you with the ultimate protection.
The service covers up to the equivalent of £100,000 towards our professional fees resulting from an HMRC Enquiry.Any compliance check started by HMRC regarding your compliance with:
- Income Tax and/or Corporation Tax Self-Assessment
- National Insurance
- Construction Industry
- National Minimum Wage or Gift Aid Legislation and Regulations and;
- Any consequent dispute with HMRC after the issue of an assessment, computation of liabilities, written decision, notice of VAT civil penalty or notice of underpayment of the National Minimum Wage.
- Inheritance Tax enquiries
- Child Tax Credit enquiries
- A compliance check carried out under HMRC Code of Practice 8 (provided fraud is disproved).
For business clients where we are the tax return agent of the director or partners (including spouses, civil partners and company secretaries), the business premium also covers personal tax returns at no extra cost (subject to rental income limit of £50,000 and no self-employed income on the self-assessment return)
All policies commence from 1st June. A pro-rata cost for a policy would apply for cover taken up after this date. Premiums are subject to annual review.
How to apply?
Please contact us directly on email@example.com for further information or to apply. All applications are handled securely and efficiently by our admin team at SAS Accounting Services.
A pdf version of the Fee Protection leaflet is available on request.
SAS Accounting Services is supported by Croner Taxwise Limited – the market leading Fee Protection Insurance provider in the UK.